Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lesson No. 4: Introducing colour into my life

The quest to improve the appearance of my nails continues......


This week I attempted 2 different ventures:
  • 1= Tried to introduce the element of colour onto my nails
  • 2= Embarked on personalising my nails for Valentines Day.

One: 

To emphasise to you how reluctant I am to invest in the "brighter shades" of nail colour, let me tell you it took 2 whole weeks to make a decision to buy this colour. This, my friends, is not down to being 'cheap' or 'tight' with money but sheer reluctance when it comes to the idea of putting colour on my nails. It may come back to the fact that I am utterly obsessional about colour co-ordination and therefore have a fear of my nails clashing with my clothes. How sad.....

Either way such was my deliberation over this particular shade by the time I had decided to actually take the plunge, didn't my friend present me with a bottle of it on my birthday 2 days later and I ended up with 2 bloody bottles of the stuff!!!!!!!!!

So here's the much mentioned "colour". As you'll see it's not exactly luminous....ahem....but a big step for me nonetheless.

I give to you : Models Own Jade Stone....

http://www.modelsownit.com/nails/nail-polish/green-nail-polishes.html




As you'll know from previous blogs, my nails have been stunted of late. So I fear I'm not doing the varnish much justice.



Two:

Inspired by a post on http://www.beaut.ie/  I decided to go one step further..... I was ready to enter into the world of nail art. With Valentines Day just around the corner I had my perfect opportunity.

First of all let me point you in the direction of what I was actually trying to achieve.
http://beaut.ie/blog/2011/beaut-ie-how-to-wear-your-heart-on-your-nails-for-valos-day/


large hearts
*******This work is most certainly by Lynnie of http://www.beaut.ie/

You can compare this to what I tried to do....It's sure to give you a laugh!!!!







You may laugh, I certainly am.....in the last one it looks like I attacked my nail with a bottle of Tippex.


Well.....practice makes perfect or so they say.....






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the hearts actually look really good, nice work missus!