Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lesson No. 8: A little dottty/ditty about nails

Ok. I've decided to jump on the bandwagon that is N.O.T.D. Although truely this is more like NailS of the Day as I've decided to roll two nail 'designs' into one post.

I truely believed I was a failure when it comes to nail art. Please refer to my Valentines Day venture.
My hands shake.
I sweat a little.
I forget to give adequate time to drying.
You get the picture.

On Friday, inspired by musings on various blogs, I felt a stab of bravery. The result of this dart of creative energy and the adopting of a more carefree attitude towards the trial that is nail art (hence a steadier hand) is the following:

Barry M Mushroom

Speckled with this Model's Own Beauty
Having serious issues with camera so using Mobile phone camera. Results aren't so hot with this either though






I can't lie. And in general I'm not prone to boasting. But god was I proud of these.

And imagine my delight when I was shopping in Awear on Saturday and the girl behind the counter noticed them and complimented them. And ACTUALLY said 'did you really do them yourself?'. Well I nearly fainted with happiness.


So time finally took it's toll on these beauties today. Dare I try it again.....Could it be repeated twice in one week????

This is the result of tonight's efforts:

The reliable Model's Own grren shade again
Dotted with Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Polish in the Charcoal Grey

***In case you're wondering what I used to do the dots/spots, I discovered that a wooden cuticle stick with a pointed end acted as the perfect tool for the job.

*** Oh and  I put out a pool of the polish that I was using for the dots on to a piece of paper before I started!!! This helped me to better judge the amount of polish I had for each dot. Alot less messier than when I initially was probing the bottle of polish and its hidden depths with the cuticle stick.

Mission Accomplished ladies. Who knew such a small achievement could bring such pride!!!!

4 comments:

ArtDonatella said...

Ooh, you're fastly becoming an expert! I love them looks! :)

cornflakegirl said...

These are fab. I haven't attempted anything like this yet as I'm too scared.

Lovely Girlie Bits said...

Well done mrs!! They look great :)

itsnevertoolatetolearn said...

@ArtDonatella: At work today, someone actually said to me 'god nails are really your thing aren't they'. I nearly burst out laughing....but was still delighted!!

@Cornflakegirl: just go for it, you might surprise yourself!!

@Karen: Thanks a mill hun, practice will make perfect!!