Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I'm a Virgin......

A colour virgin that is....

For my whole life, I have been a brunette.....a solid mahogony shade of brown....slightly lighter in the summer...but largely just brown....

My poor tortured hairdresser.

I say tortured because this colour debate has been ongoing for at least 3 years.... I've been patch tested....and then patch tested again....and the colour books have been put out and then put out....the magazines have been strategically laid out and styles and designs picked and then shied away from.....need I go on.....my poor hairdresser (the best I've ever had by the way....pardon the pun).

At the grand old age of 26, I finally made the leap of faith and granted my beloved tortured hairdresser the permission to add a splash of colour to my locks.

The confidence had been building in the lead up...some of you may have seen that about a month ago I had opted for my first ever full fringe. That settled well with me, and the compliments from friends and workmates had boosted my confidence. And lets face it flattery does wonder for a girl's ego....

I always knew I never wanted to go lighter. Ofen the times passed when some poor naieve hairdresser would dare suggest blonde highlights only to get the head bitten off her.


I wanted red. Always knew that was what I wanted eventually. But as the decision came closer, I was wary of the Rihanna red.....due to the nature of my job. I wasn't too sure what my employer might make of it either. Then I saw THIS in the window of Peter Marks. It was love at first sight....






This was my ambition.....

Who knew that my hair wasn't to be so compliant!!! 

I was a reluctant first-timer so the colourist suggested not going for a permanent colour, rather to opt for a quazi...which apparently is a strong version of a semi. But what do I know. 

When I emerged from under my towel, I was a radiant shade of foxy copper....

4 days later.....I was pretty much a brunette again....

This pic shows evidence of my fading foxiness.....



I was so disappointed....

In a random turn of events, less than a week after "my first time", I was back in the hot seat again!!!

I had gone from colour virgin to colour expert.

Apparently as a first timer the colour hadn't really taken.....understandable...so I got a second FREE dye job!!! And by god was I red....

I'm in love but I've no pictures to prove my ...ahem..."beauty"....

Imagine my face when I realised while watching Eastenders last night....I had the same colour hair as Mercy!!!!hahahahaha. Ok so you've got to picture my Caucasian little face under Mercy's hair and minus the under layer of black in hers. Photos of yours truly will  follow.




But save to say, I am addicted to hair colouring!!!!!! And totally in love my new look if it's not too egotistical to say!!!!!


3 comments:

Comtesse de ferveur said...

Yup that top of mine is a chartreuse kind of colour.... Now that I am going grey (!) I am thinking about hair dye and red is just magnificent. Didn't realise that a first-timer's first go might not 'stick'. Good job you were dealing with a reputable place! xx

itsnevertoolatetolearn said...

I know!!! I was so lucky, I didn't even imagine that they'd give a freebie!!! Guess I just didn't bawl at them when I went in...was just like 'oh I'm not complaining...but I'm soooooo disappointed'. bit of the guilt trip on them!!! haha.

Breige said...

I love the colour you picked! I've wanted to go that colour for a while but my hair is going a bit blonde at the front so I'm enjoying that at the moment!