Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!!!!

Happy Valentines Day my lovelies....


I know some people hate it and some people love it......I fall somewhere in between!!

I love the novelty event. I love all the silly gifts ....like some that I saw in Tesco this morning!!! Heart ramekins, mini heart shaped frying pans, heart shaped lights, fleecy red blankets, you get the idea. And all very cheap and cheerful.

I treated myself to these two purchases:



Heart-shaped lights (Tesco)


Barry M Red Glitter (Boots)  http://www.barrym.com/glitter-nail-paint

 Without any doubt I see the argument that it is an over commercialised meaningless day and that if you truely love each other then everyday should be a day when you display your love to your other half.

But.....

No one is asking you to splash the cash, to my mind it's the small gestures that count!!! Take this day for what it is...a bit of fun and opportunity to be creative and tell your other half (or even yourself) that you love them (because we don't always remember to!!!

P.S. Finally..I made one last stab at the Valentines Day Nails - courtesy of Broadway nails and 'Kiss' 3D stone stickers. Pardon the dodgy glue job. I was in a rush...


Lots of love, 




4 comments:

Ed said...

Those heart lights are awesome! I've never seen any like that over here. And the nail polish is pretty great too. Red has always been my favourite colour <3

itsnevertoolatetolearn said...

I'm in love with the glittery nail polish and would love to demonstrate it, but it's currently on my toenails and not sure how everyone feels about looking at pictures of my feet!!!!! thanks for the add too xx

Sarah said...

Love that nail polish shade - very Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Valentine's is one of those days that people love to have, but I really like the heart-shapedness of it all.

itsnevertoolatetolearn said...

That's exactly what I thought too. Uber-dorothy. Like miniature red Dorothy shoes.