My addiction began approximately 10 years ago.....
There is no therapy which has succeeded in curing me.....
I attend regular sessions of exposure therapy........
But it has yet to work.....
My mother has coached me.....she says the solution is simple....Just say no....to myself......
I must be strong in the face of temptation......
But how can a girl survive..... in a world of such allures....
I am addicted to jewellery.....
Beads, jewels, feathers, stones....you name it....whoever said "All that glitters is not gold" (that would be Shakespeare) was completely wrong. In the metaphorical sense all that glitters is very much gold to my soul.
In no way am I a jewellery snob. My collection ranges from the jewels of Penneys (Primark) to Newbridge to Guess to the craft stalls of the various markets in my city.
I have photographed some of my earrings for this piece to show you the range of quality and material.
| Courtesy of Penneys |
| Courtesy of Oasis |
| Courtesy of Magpie and Button http://www.etsy.com/shop/magpieandbutton |
| Courtesy of Silverwood |
| Couldn't resist including my watch....I wear it everyday and is the mainstay of my Jewellery Collection |
I should say as a rule and admittedly it is one that I don't always abide to : Bigger is Better.
Storage is becoming an issue however. And money is not always as freeflowing as one would like. As a result, because I am one of those adults who resides with their parents still, I have been reduced to smuggling my goods into the house.
I need to learn how to say no...... I am a magpie. But I think the first step is to acknowledge the problem and move forward.... Who am I kidding - I could be addicted to worse things.
6 comments:
I know what you mean about smuggling! I'm always trying to hide purchases:)
thanks for the add hun.... It's the disadvantage of living at home isn't it!!!
I know the feeling - not being a jewelry snob = limited space to store! But recently I found a hanging jewellery rack basically loads of little plastic pockets on a hanger so you can see everything & if fits neatly in your wardrobe perfect! I think Penny's were selling them recently too - very handy
ooohhhh I actually saw them. At the time I thought that my wardrobe couldn't take any more contents....But...now.... I'm thinking I could have put a hook on the wall and make it part of the wall decor......
thanks for commenting on my blog :) I'm a total magpie as well, I swear I was born with a gene to adore sparkly shiny things! I love those white flower earrings from Penneys
xox
I literally just cannot stop...I'd be embarrassed to show you the amount of rings I have.....
Thanks for the comment hun x
Post a Comment